CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sparkly Poop


So yesterday (apparently) my youngest child got a hold of my bag of sparkly plastic gems that I use to embellish hair bows, scrapbook pages, or any other random craft project I happen to decide sounds fun. I took it from her, but not before she ate some of them. I learned that this morning when I changed her first diaper only to find a big clear gem in the middle of all the mess. An hour or so later, there were at least nine more in the next dirty diaper. My first thought was, oh how I wish I could poop diamonds! I even told one friend I would never get off the pot and I would gladly reach into it for the millions I would make if I were such a talented gemologist.

As the day has gone on, it actually has turned in to this odd metaphor for me. Many times in our lives we can feel like we are drowning in crap! We have financial strain, relationship issues, problems with our kids or any other number of things that can seem impossible to bear. But we can take the crap we are given in our lives and turn it right back over to the Savior and He can create diamonds, no matter how dirty the material we give him to work with. We are never beyond hope or too messed up to make something beautiful with our lives. We will have days, sometimes weeks or months, that seem unbearable but we can and MUST endure and do our best.

One of my favorite scriptures is found in Doctrine and Covenants sections 64. It says "But all things must come to pass in their time. Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days." We can all be obedient and willing if we choose to, thus allowing Him to turn our lives, which are wasted without Him anyway, into something beautiful and precious....even more precious than diamonds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment