CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Promises


Today I am very grateful for the promised blessings that come from our Heavenly Father. Especially the promise to carry us through the hard days and wipe away our sorrows. It rained here pretty hard this afternoon, and it seemed fitting. I swear all I do lately is cry...mostly for my girls and what they are losing when their dad and I split. But, I have been comforted more than even I could hope for. My Savior has been there every step of the way and then some. He has carried me through the days that I want to give up on and He has helped me to see that there are FAR brighter days ahead.

As a youth I learned a very valuable lesson that has always stuck with me. We were taken in to a large gymnasium at church and we began to talk about the different stages of life....where we come from, why we're here, and where we are going when it's all over. We talked about trials and how we have many in this life. But then, a piece of yarn was stretched from one end of the gym to the other, with a simple push pin placed in the middle. We were then told that this life and the trials in at are such a small portion of eternity and I know that to be true, now as much as then. This too shall pass and we will all be stronger for it.

Oh, and I LOVE the smell of rain!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment