CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

A Day of Joy

It would be SO easy for today to be a day of sadness. It was 12 years ago today that I lost my biggest fan, my best friend, my mother. I still miss her dearly, but now even more than ever, I know she is close and looking out for me. She is there any time I need her and time has not dulled my knowledge of that. I am so grateful to have such an amazing example and woman in my life and pray daily that I can live up to that, and live my life in a manner to make her proud.

It would also be easy to mourn my impending divorce. I have been married for six and a half years and thought, when I first married, that life could get no better. Unfortunately things and people change, but now is not a time for me to mourn. It is a time for me to find joy in my journey. You see, I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that my Heavenly Father is watching out for me and will carry me through whatever may lie ahead when I am not strong enough to do it alone. I have been blessed with incredible friends, family and a knowledge of the Atoning sacrifice of my Savior. That sacrifice not only covers my sins and short comings, but can take my pain and heartache away. He has already borne my grief and carried my sorrow, so I do not need to do it alone. I can not explain how that knowledge carries me through the rough moments, days, and weeks. I have also been blessed with three beautiful girls who bring immeasurable joy into my life. For that reason, and so many others, today and every day of this journey can be filled with JOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment