CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

Today I was touched, as always, by our beloved Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is the one appointed by the Lord at this time to lead and guide this church and the affairs of Heavenly Father's kingdom. He admonished us to continue always in gratitude, reminding us that to be grateful is to be gracious. I truly am grateful for so many things in my life and felt like making a list here might remind me of even more of those things. Feel free to add things you are grateful for in the comments, let's see how big we can make our list!
  • The Atonement of Jesus Christ
  • Bible and Book of Mormon
  • Modern day revelation to lead and guide my life
  • Hailey
  • Alyssa
  • Kimber
  • A roof over my head
  • Food on my table
  • Education and the opportunity to further mine
  • Healthy children
  • My health
  • Strength to endure well day to day
  • General Conference and the uplifting effect it has on my life
  • A Smile
  • Hugs
  • The beautiful earth we live on
  • Dear Friends that support and strengthen me
  • Dear Friends who allow me to do the same for them
  • My In-laws
  • Safety
  • The human body...it's fascinating!
  • The Armed Forces of our country
  • The Freedoms we enjoy each and every day
  • Ears to hear
  • Eyes to see
  • A voice to sing
  • The fact that my needs are met
  • I even have some of my wants. :)
  • My ability to pray and know that I am heard by a loving Father.
  • Answers to those prayers
This list really could go on and on. I have learned, or at least relearned, recently that the simple things in life can and will bring great joy if we take the time to recognize those blessings in our life. Most importantly I know that as we choose to be grateful for all that we have, we will continue to be blessed beyond our comprehension.


0 comments:

Post a Comment