CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ups and Downs

This week has honestly been a roller coaster of emotions. My divorce was final on Tuesday. When I got word that it was done, I cried for a bit. Then I picked myself up by my boot straps and decided I was done mourning for what should have been. I've done it long enough. Life goes on and so will I, and I will thrive and life will continue to be wonderful. I LOVE roller coasters, just not emotional ones so time to just go be happy.

Friday night I went to my first singles activity after my divorce. It was a bit awkward at first, but I had a ton of fun. I met some great people and even ran in to a few old friends from my growing up years. I have no doubt that there will be lots of fun times with the singles branch from Cincinnati. In fact there is a temple trip next Saturday that I am already looking forward to.



Today I put up the Christmas tree with the girls and have been listening to music and getting more in the Christmas spirit. I love love LOVE Christmas time!! There is only ONE reason for this season and we need to remember it. Christ was born a perfect babe in a manger to save each and every one of us. If not for Him there would be no celebrating, no tinsel, no trees, no presents. But even so, Christmas is NOT about the presents, it is about His presence and for that in my life I will be forever grateful. I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Terin said...

You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

You get a white Christmas, how fun for you and the girls. Have a great holiday

Post a Comment