CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tender Mercies

One of my favorite quotes EVER comes for Elder David A. Bednar, one of the twelve apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He said "The tender mercies of the Lord are real. They do not occur randomly or by coincidence." I see those tender mercies in my life everyday. But, today was a big one, and I want to share how grateful I am to know that my Heavenly Father is looking out for me the way He is.

This morning I went in to the school I will be attending come January. I am planning to go to nursing school so that I can provide a better life for my kids. Anyway, as I had figured it I still needed about 3 quarters worth of prerequisites before I could apply to the nursing program itself. I met with an advisor, and got signed up for the classes I (thought) I needed. Then, as the advisor suggested, I went over to chat with the director of nursing admissions. It turned out that my high school classes count and I don't need anything at all to be able to apply. That means I will shave almost a year off my schooling and might be able to start nursing school as early as this coming fall. I am still going to start back to school in January and just take some of the extras that I can take during the program or before. It really made my day and I'm so grateful for the ways that Heavenly Father blesses me in my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations, Steffani! That is very exiting news. It can be tricky sometimes getting credits and classes to transfer and you were surely blessed that you can get to your schooling faster than expected. You'll be earning the big bucks fast!

Post a Comment